The best stories in Medina County!
Joy of Medina County Magazine
Looking for Novels, Poems and Short Stories
We’re looking for writers! Do you know someone who has written a book but never got it published? Someone who is frustrated with trying to enter the publishing world and finding they have to be published before they can be published? Someone who has written a terrific short story or poem?
Joy of Medina County Magazine is currently accepting submissions to be the next featured Reading Nook book and for poems and short stories! Writers of all ages are welcome.
All books, poems and short stories must be submitted electronically in their entirety to Joy@BlakeHousePublishing.com, with Reading Nook in the subject line.
Submitted works must be original works written by the submitting author and not be previously published in part or in whole.
Fiction and non-fiction are welcome. However, any non-fiction books, poems or short stories must be about a person, place, or thing with a clear connection to Medina County.
All submitting writers are urged to keep in mind that Joy of Medina County Magazine is a family-friendly publication. While various social issues can be addressed, there is not to be cursing, sexual situations, or anything else that would be unsuitable.
There is no charge for submitting a manuscript for consideration. Choosing of the winning manuscript is completely at the discretion of Blake House Publishing, LLC.
By submitting a book to Joy of Medina County Magazine, writers understand that if their book, poem or short story is chosen:
1. The winning book submission will be published a chapter or two at a time each month in Joy of Medina County Magazine until the entire book is published with the author listed as the author. Initial: ____
2. The writer agrees the book, poem or short story will not be published in part or in its entirety by any other person, company or entity until after Joy of Medina County Magazine has finished publishing the submission in its entirety. A book is considered finished publishing after the final chapters have published in Joy of Medina County Magazine. Initial: ____
3. If a book, poem or short story is published by another entity following publication by Joy of Medina County Magazine, there must be a notation that it was first published in Joy of Medina County Magazine. Initial: ____
4. There is no financial award, compensation or salary for having your book, poem or short story chosen or published. Initial: ____
5. Selected submissions will be professionally edited for grammar, clarity, and readability. There is no charge for the editing service, which has a value of $50 per hour. Initial: ____
Please print this form, initial where indicated, sign and date it and include it with your submission. Materials must be submitted electronically. However, this completed form can be scanned and included with your submission or by mailing the form to: Joy of Medina County Magazine, 1114 N. Court, #144, Medina, Oh. 44256.
I, the undersigned, have read and understand all conditions set forth regarding the requirements and specifications of submitting my manuscript for possible publication in Joy of Medina County Magazine, both in print and as an e-edition. If younger than 18 years old, please have a parent complete this form as well.
Name (sign) Date